Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

Roberto Luongo is LeBron James, Tim Thomas not so much


From the Vancouver Sun:

OSTON -Roberto Luongo isn't going to be getting any love from Tim Thomas. Before heading to Boston on Saturday, the Vancouver Canuck goalie told reporters he's had lots of nice things to say about his Boston counterpart, but hasn't been receiving anything in return.

"I've been pumping his tires ever since the series started," Luongo said. "I haven't heard one nice thing he's had to say about me, so that's the way it is." And according to Thomas, that's the way it is going to stay. "I guess I didn't realize it was my job to pump his tires," Thomas told reporters today at the TD Garden. "I guess I have to apologize for that."


Quick question. Has there ever been an NHL player more aware of all the media noise than Roberto Luongo? Usually shit like this is reserved for NBA players and NFL wide recievers. And if you need to be praised, shouldnt your play warrant such glowing words?

I mean, first you criticize Tim Thomas who has outplayed you all series long, and then when asked to clarify, you whine that he hasn't said one nice thing about you all series? Hey dickhead, maybe that's because Thomas is focused on winning a championship for his team, not to validate his "legacy". At this point of the season, if you're worried about praise from the opposition, you clearly aren't as focused as you like to think you are.

Maybe Thomas hasn't praised you because of that whole "12 goals in 2 games" thing. But most likely, it's just because he doesn't give a shit. Luongo, like LeBron James, has this sick obsession with what others say about him, rather than focus on the task at hand. Look at this quote:

Luongo: "But at the end of the day, I'm one win away from winning a Stanley Cup and that's all I really care about now. All the other stuff is noise to me and doesn't really affect what's going to take place for me tomorrow night. To be honest with you, I don't really care."

Oh YOU'RE one win away, just like LeBron last night kept saying I rather than focus on his team. Guys like this are one and the same. Love the press when things are going your way and hate it when there is a sliver of criticism. Its just insane that one guy who has been dominated in this series refuses to accept blame while at the same time, whining that he isn't being praised enough. Stop talking and play hockey, Jesus.




No comments: