Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Does Jeremy Lundblad bother anyone else?

Seriously. Anyone who reads ESPN Boston regularly agree with me? Whenever I see his name attached to a new Boston sports-related article, two thoughts go through my head during the seconds between when I click on the link and when it loads: "here we go again," and "I hope I'm wrong." Nope. They are ALWAYS negative, as if specifically written to dash the spirits of Boston fans everywhere. Which I thought was the opposite intent of ESPN Boston, and the other city-specific ESPN pages. Today, Lundblad dumps on Red Sox third baseman Kevin Youkilis for his low average against right-handed pitchers. The same Youkilis who's annually in the mix of MVP candidates? It's May. A few days ago, Lundblad also bashed Sox first baseman Adrian Gonzalez for not peppering every single home at-bat off the Green Monster. Another one of his greatest hits includes an article about how Sox pitcher Clay Buchholz really might not be that good, he was just the luckiest pitcher of 2010. 30 consecutive times he was pitching. I suppose his no-hitter in his second career Major League start was just luck too. Not surprisingly, Lundblad has also gotten on the "Tom Brady really hasn't been that good in the playoffs since he won his third Superbowl" bandwagon too. Is his purpose with ESPN Boston to be their official wet blanket? I get that those city-centric ESPN segments can be too pro-that city, but that's why I don't read ESPN New York.

No comments: